Join the IFMA Community
IFMA membership gives you the industry information, professional interaction and essential resources necessary to remain competitive. IFMA represents the most connected community of facility managers in the industry, and our community grows stronger each year.
As a Member of IFMA
You have access to benefits, contacts, resources and opportunities, all geared toward strengthening your knowledge, skills and confidence. IFMA is dedicated to supporting you throughout your career. The entire Association-from Headquarters to individual members-is ready to help you grow, both personally and professionally.
IFMA members Have Resources
- A useful network of professional contacts
- Pose questions on an IFMA Council listserv for immediate answers
- Access to the FMJ, Membership Directory,
- FM publications, educational sessions, product and service providers
- Attend local chapter meetings and discuss work challenges with colleagues, many of whom have faced similar problems and may be able to offer guidance and insight
- Attend IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and xpo—international gatherings of industry professionals seeking education, information and interaction
- Attend an IFMA Professional Development seminar, increasing your knowledge and skills as a competent practitioner
- Acquire a professional credential and a springboard for obtaining certification through the Facility Management Professional (FMP) program, a knowledge-based credential demonstrating a proven comprehension of the basics of facility management.
- Acquire professional certification through IFMA’s Certified Facility Manager (CFM) program, a measure of proficiency for competent facility managers and an industry standard.
IFMA Members Have Access
- A valuable network of professional contacts
- IFMA Professional Development, the preeminent source for gathering core knowledge, addressing critical issues and attaining professional credentials throughout all the stages of your career.
IFMA Members Get Leadership Development
- Competency-based, self-study online and audio courses
- Professional certification through IFMA’s Certified Facility Manager (CFM) program, a measure of proficiency for competent facility managers and an industry standard Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation, achieved by following a professional development “Career Path”
- Recognized facility management degree programs
- Discounts on seminars, events and merchandise
- Global presence
- Chapter and council meetings, events and activities
- World Workplace Conference and Expo, a world-class gathering of practitioners, companies, students and educators seeking education, information and interaction
- Recognition for professional achievements through IFMA’s Awards of Excellence program
- Speaking opportunities
- Exhibitor, sponsorship and corporate marketing opportunities
- Member Resource Center
- IFMA Web site and chapter website
- Online job referral service
- Online Membership Directory
- Online Buyer’s Directory
- Benchmarking and best practices
- Legal and regulatory reports
- Facility Management Journal
- IFMA News
- IFMA Insider
- Publications, research reports and conference proceedings IFMA Foundation, an instrument of information and opportunities for the profession and its representatives.
IFMA Lehigh Valley Chapter formed the Leadership Council to meet the industry-specific program, networking and information needs of its members. As a member of the Leadership Council you are able to communicate with colleagues about concerns, strategies and best practices specific to your area of facility management and the Chapter.
For more information or to join the Leadership Council Contact:
Michael Gibson- firstname.lastname@example.org
- The primary responsibility for the Membership Committee is membership growth and retention;
- Prepare a strategy to retain members and attract prospective members;
- Communicate the benefits and advantages of membership in IFMA and in the chapter;
- Reports to the board at all meetings;
- Instructs and supports prospective members in the process of becoming a member;
- Ensure there is an adequate supply of membership applications and information available at all chapter functions;
- Welcomes new members;
- Participates in IFMA headquarters listserv.
- Develops and promotes educational programs pertinent to facility management.
- Plans the program time, location and logistics (meals, set-up, and A/V needs).
- Meets with speaker(s) to coordinate the program.
- Applies for CEUs, if applicable.
- Submits program promotional material to the Communications Committee.
Contact:Greg Brown- GBrown@servproebw.com
- Reports to the board at all meetings;
- Coordinates all communication for the chapter;
- Coordinates and distributes blast e-mails to all membership as needed;
- Oversees newsletter, publicity, and Web site;
- Promote interest and enthusiasm for chapter activities;
- Communicates news of and about the chapter’s members;
- Publishes and distributes a hard-copy or electronic chapter newsletter;
- Features articles that enhance the membership’s knowledge and understanding of the facility management profession;
- Publicity or Public Relations:
- Promotes the chapter and all functions hosted by the chapter;
- Prepares and distributes press releases and media advisories on chapter activities to the local media; (can contact IFMA for a local media contact list)
- Actively researches ways to publicize the IFMA name and the FM profession.
- Coordinates chapter social networking presence such IFMA’s Online Community, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Follows IFMA headquarters Web site guidelines.
- Develops and maintains the chapter Web site;
- Includes link to IFMA headquarters site-especially for membership information;
Contact:Michael Gibson- email@example.com
Nominating Committee (only during election cycle every 2 years):
- Chaired by Immediate Past President.
- Typically includes three active members on the committee
- Identifies needed board member skills, prepares slate of officers and oversees election process according to bylaws preparing and distributing ballots, tallying votes and announcing winners.
Contact:Jeff Yob- firstname.lastname@example.org